View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbrook View Post
I'm under the impression that a very significant number of purchasers try software but don't use it for very long unless there life literally requires it (eg for their jobs). I'm curious to hear from folks who have and still do actually use OF on a regular basis (for at least 6 months) to manage the majority of their tasks.
I have been using OF for about two years now. I started with it on my iPhone.

Last summer I bought my first Mac and put OF on that. I also started to learn and use GTD. "Unfortunately" (??? ... not really) I became very happy with the capabilities and looks of OF on my Mac and not so happy trying to use it through the small interface on my iPhone. Since I am forced to use a PC at work I kept my home tasks in OF and switched to ToDo for work since it is cloud based and could also be used on my iPhone. I grew unhappy with that since it lacks the power of OF. I switched to a few other things to try them out and was just never happy. I even bought Daylite and Daylite Touch ($250 down the drain by the time I was done with DT) but once again wasn't happy with the task management (loved all the integration though). Then the iPad came out, OF still didn't have an iPad specific app yet so I switched over to Things. Once again..... not happy. So now I'm running OF as full screen through the hack on my iPad, OF on my iPhone, and OF on my Mac - all tasks and projects for both work and home, and am perfectly happy. Keep in mind that I ran OF for my home projects all through this process. As for my work PC, hardly use it now that I have my iPad.