View Single Post
Okay after working with Omnifocus for a few days I discovered that doing it my way is flawed. If I create a folder for each Course and then add each assignment as a project I then can't use Quick Entry and I can't simply add a task from the Inbox screen because there's no way to assign it to a folder (Unless I'm missing something).

Also I realize that I was trying to use contexts as tags and I'm not too sure that'll work for the long term. So in a way I'm back to square one.

I really like Omnifocus and I want to make this work but I need some help.

I would appreciate some input on what would be the optimal way to set things up for a college student. As I said in an earlier post I spend most of my time in my home office so geo based anything is not necessary and for now I just want to concentrate on setting it up for my school courses.

Not to beat a dead horse but I had it set up with Folders as the course, projects for assignments, and actions for each task of an assignment.

I'm wondering of i used Projects for the courses and actions for assignments and listing the tasks in the notes section of each assignment would it work that way? I know it would I mean does anyone think that would be the way to go? It would at least give me the ability to add actions (Tasks) on the fly.

If Omnifocus had tags it would be the perfect tool for me. Is there any way of cross referencing tasks and projects that would be tag like? By date maybe? Just thinking out loud here:)

Really hoping one of you Gurus or an Omni staff member can help me out here.