View Single Post
And I thought I was the only one around here who gets angry about bad UI in OG programs that takes years to fix. I guess not. It's comforting that a few other customers care about clean, smart UI as much as I do.

rogbar, zts-it, cconstantine, strudel, russcus, Cal.k, you're not alone. I have the same problem, too. And everyone is right: for the customers who have commented on this issue in this thread, it is INCREDIBLY frustrating for us.

I love OG, and buy (and use) a half dozen of their programs, some every day, but I've learned the following over the years: the simplest, silliest, smallest UI problem can take years for OG to fix.

The bigger problems take 3-5 years to fix. :-)

The mods are very cordial, and we should thank them for that. But the reality is that these things take time to fix at OG. If it was a really small-house developer (like one or two people), you might get some action quickly (like in a week). But at OG, it is now a historical fact that UI user battles are legendary, waged over the period of years for many of their programs. We battle it out with the mods and programmers, Ken steps in to bring peace to the negotiations, and another year passes. That's just how it goes.

I've learned to accept the situation, although it's certainly something I'm not happy about. What can I do? I can't walk away, because no one else makes such great programs.