View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Here's a different approach, no scripting required. Simply pull up a project mode view, grouped by changed date. The "Changed Today" group will have all the projects where you made any sort of a change today, and you can just review the bunch of them, or select the ones you think ought to have their review date modified and change it in the inspector.
I just noticed a flaw in this approach. Consider this scenario:

- I complete a weekly review, say on a Friday afternoon.
- later that day, I sort through my inbox and corral a handful of captures that came in since I finished the weekly review. As whpalmer's said, this nudges the Changed Date for each of the projects that received a capture.
- that evening I decide to review and clarify those changed projects, using the Changed Date grouping.

In the top Changed Today grouping, I'll not only see the projects that were changed during my evening review, but also every project that I reviewed earlier in the day! This is because when you mark a project as reviewed, it nudges the changed date. If a person wanted to stay on top of things and review daily, the Changed Date won't help identify the dirty projects - more specifically, it won't help differentiate between the projects that changed because they were reviewed, and the ones the were changed for any other reason.

So, I'm back to thinking that we need a preference that will allow us to advance the Next Review date to "Now", when a project is changed.