View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashwell View Post
I get the Choose Application dialog, but then Bouncing Beachball and I can't cancel. Only Force Quit. On restart same dialog, same beach ball :( Things where going along swimmingly this is my first heart stopper which isn't bad for a beta product. But I don't know how I am going to "Undo" this to get back in. Hopefully it checks for updates prior to Dialog and when it updates tomorrow it will be resolved. Otherwise I guess its Uninstall and Start over.

Still happy with the product though. Small price to pay for getting used too early what will probably be one of my most productive products.
I was having this problem. Here's what I did (this is only applicable for the moment and if you want to play with Clipping, I assume):

1. Install Build 92560
2. Download Build 92562 (which is causing the problems with beachballing on startup; I haven't got OmniWeb installed)
3. In the build 92562 disk image, open up the OmniFocus application package; then navigate to Contents; inside that is a folder called PlugIns—copy that to your desktop
4. Go to the copy of PlugIns on your desktop; within that is a package called BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin: open that package.
5. From within that package delete 'OmniWeb.applescript'—this is what was causing the problem for me.
6. Copy the PlugIns folder into /Applcations/OmniFocus/Contents (i.e. inside the Package of your installed copy of OmniFocus: you'll want to do this when the application is closed).
7. Restart OmniFocus.

Of course, these instructions are pretty bleeding-edge and probably not very clear; also I'm confident that they'll be entirely unnecessary within the next few hours when an updated build gets posted!

I've just been reminded that Firefox doesn't support OS X text services, darnit!!