View Single Post
Here's my current list, substantially trimmed down from the last time I posted about it:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	602
  • I use hierarchical contexts for Home, because I do a lot of home improvement projects. So Home --> Chores is for grungy jobs. Home --> Office is for things like paying bills or writing the family Christmas letter. Home --> With Lisa is for things I need to remember to mention to my wife. I'll use the parent Home context for actions like "Take out the trash", that don't require any specific context besides being at home.
  • Phone is self-explanatory, though I'm thinking about splitting it into Phone-Business and Phone-Personal to make it easier to ignore phone calls that I need to make during or outside of business hours.
  • Briefcase is for pen and paper or reading activities that I can do wherever I have my laptop bag. (Coffee shop, airport, office, etc.)
  • I use hierarchical contexts for my Mac so that it's easy to show just the tasks that I can do when without network access (Mac --> Offline). I'm also trying to carve out one day a week for just writing; hence the Writing sub-context.

I think the others are fairly standard. I use a variety of custom perspectives to group my contexts into common subsets. Here's my current list of perspectives:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	603

Sorry if that's a bit hard to read. The forum software seems to down-sample png files to smaller jpg files.

Curt