View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes View Post
handycam....hard to justify “even bothering” with OW? Are you serious? To each their own, I guess. The last thing I want to bother with is having to manage a bunch of extensions to my browser. I hate the FireFox approach, and I'm not going to do it with Safari to try to shoehorn it into something that approaches OW’s functionality. I can deal with one app, OW, or I can deal with Safari, SafariStand and SafariBlock and still not have the full functionality set of OW. I call the Safari approach the true “bother” but if it trips your trigger, go for it.
I have to agree with Handycam. I find SafariStand's "bookshelf" (the analog to workspaces) more intuitive to use. SafariStand comes with a graphical vertical thumbnail tab bar which 1) works as well as OW's and 2) is customizable: you can even specify the resolution of the tab images.

Also, Safaristand's plugin blocking is far more reliable and consistent than OW's. At least, this is my experience with flash blocking.

The only thing in SafariStand that is behind OW is search engine aliasing, but adding and managing address bar search engine aliases (like OW search shortcuts) is not all that complicated.

So, I'm still sticking it out with OW, but Safari+SafariStand is an absolutely formidable combination, one to which I will have to switch if OW's performance falls any further on my crusty old PB. Not all of us have intel speed demons in our chassis.

Payam