Thread: OO Pro 4.0?
View Single Post
I have a couple (6) of features I'd like to see in OOP 4.0.

1) smart (curly) quotes (option to use or not)

2) have an option for the return key to create a new row and position the cursor in the same column you were just editing. To clarify, I frequently want to enter text into the 3rd column, row after row (creating new rows and leaving the outline column blank) but when I hit return, it puts my cursor into column number one, then I have to manually move it over into the 3rd column. A pain when you have to do it repetitively. I'm not suggesting that you make this the default, because for most purposes, you want it to go to column 1 when you create a row. But the option would be great.

3) ability to hide columns on screen. I frequently use many columns and their number complicates things when I only want to use one or two columns. It's a problem because I'll be entering text into one or two columns, and suddenly hit a wrong arrow key or something and find myself way on the other side of the document and then I have to scroll way back to where I was, which interrupts my flow of thought and makes it have a "I'm lost in my document" feel. Hiding columns would make my life a lot easier.

4) have multiple user-defined presets in the omnioutliner section of the page setup. Sometimes (on that many column document from suggestion 2 above) I need to print either these columns in this format, or these other columns in a different format, and if I had presets, I wouldn't have to try and figure out what settings I used last time.

5) ability to select text from multiple cells within a column, to copy and paste into a word processor (the would be separated into paragraphs).

6) Split-panes (vert. & horiz.) would be excellent too.

If there are current solutions to any of these, and someone's feeling charitable, please let me know,

#2, #3, #5 are necessities to me.