View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by philbowell View Post
I have to say I'm extremely confused by this omission. I've been searching all over the app to see how I can apply the built in Solarized light style as the default to a new document. The fact that these nice styles are displayed on first opening the app and that you can't start a new outline with the prebuilt style just baffles me, it makes me wonder what the point of all the different prebuilt styles are if I can't use them easily.
I know, Phil, I had same reaction as Omni are usually very good at anticipating 'natural' things the user might want to do.
Following HappyCat's reply, I emailed this feature request to
omnioutliner-ipad@omnigroup.com
Ninja Monica replied...
One of the factors that determines what we add to our apps is the number of people that are requesting a given change, so thanks for requesting this. We really value your support!
...so send in a request!
(Here's mine FYI
In the documents it would be useful to have "New based on style" as an option along with "Duplicate Doc" or however it's phrased.
In addition, it would useful to have a Themes drilldown in the same popover that the the whole doc styling is in. This might have "Theme: 'default'/'document'/'unsaved'>" and in the next drilldown the option to name&save the theme or choose from other themes already saved on this iPad.
)
Until OO add this feature, I'm going to create a collection of templates with minimal content to duplicate and fill in. All a bit to preplanned and not very Omni, I know, but at least I trust those guys to iron out omissions in their apps!