View Single Post
My observation is that....

OmniOutliner (and OmniGraffle) can not save a "package" type file to either a Windows sharepoint or smb volume mounted from OS X Leopard.

DETAIL
I think this may be related to how OmniOutliner & OmniGraffle handles the save for "package" documents. Here are some supporting information....

1) Apple Pages can save OK to the shared volume. The Pages document is of a "package" type.

2) Omnigraffle can save a new, blank file OK to the shared volume. This document IS NOT a "package".

3) Add an image to the OmniGraffle then the file will not save to the shared volume. This document IS a "package".

4) I CAN drag & drop copy any OmniGraffle document (both "package" and not "package" type documents) to the shared folder. This indicates that this is not a volume permissions access issue.

OmniOutliner & OmniGraffle are not saving "package" type documents to a shared windows volume on Leopard!

However, since Pages & Keynote '08 CAN save "package" documents, while OmniOutliner & OmniGraffle CANNOT save "package" documents... which is really the case?

A) Leopard has a bug which hinders saving "package" documents to share volumes? or,

B) some knowledge about saving "package" documents to shared volumes still needs to be discovered by the Omni Group developers?

Either way, hopefully, this issue can be resolved soon. Please.