View Single Post
Hello,

I just came home from school and was going to sync OmniFocus on my iPhone and my Macbook. The last days we've had a problem with our internet provider, so I've used the iPhone for internet tethering. For that reason, I haven't switched on wi-fi on neither the phone nor the computer for a couple of days because then I wouldn't be able to use the internet at all. So, it was some time since I synced them.

Yesterday, I had about 30 actions in my inbox which I processed so the inbox was empty. And when I came home today I had 15-20 actions in the inbox on my phone.

When I tried syncing, it said something containing "root server, do you want to continue anyway?". I don't remember all of it and it seems I can't reproduce it. Then it asked me to log on to a syncing site which I don't remember doing before (but might have done). It said something with webdav, which I'm not using. I've only synced over Bonjour before and it's worked well 90% of the times. I tried not to log onto the website and do it as I usually do (i.e., open OF on the phone and let it sync automatically). That didn't work, so in the end I put in a password and it started syncing. However, I ended up with all of the 30 actions I'd previously worked through + the stuff from the phone in my inbox. So now I have 50 items in my inbox, of which I've processed 30. I know I did, I can see that I sent some mails connected to those tasks and did other things as well. I tried to back up OF on my Macbook with a version I had yesterday night (when I had processed those items) but it didn't work and I'm still stuck with the 50 in the inbox.

The only thing I can remember changing from last time I synced was the Computer name. Because we had problems with the internet, I tried sharing the internet on my phone from my computer to my flatmates' computers (didn't work though, but that's another story...). For some reasons, I changed the name from "Henric Fröberg's Computer" to "Henric Fröberg". The last one was the one I had when I tried to sync the first time this afternoon. Then I changed it back, hoping it would somehow work, but it didn't.

What has happened here, and is there any way to solve it? I'd rather not go through the inbox again, knowing that I already did it once...