View Single Post
Blirette

Quote:
Originally Posted by blirette View Post
Me and a lot of my students have the same problem. What's up with that? Any bug fix coming up?

It seems to be happening often when you use 2 connecting lines.
That are different.

Quote:
Has anyone come up with a temporary workaround?
Sure. I do not consider this a workaround to the bug (but you might). From what I see, and thanks for posting an example, you are making basic mistakes in the act of drawing a flowchart (nothing to do with OG), and then your students are picking up and using the same incorrect conventions, so they replicate the bugs you have encountered.

The End of the offending line is connected to another line; that is incorrect; the line should be connected to an object, such as the central Decision object; not to a line that happens to also be connected to the Decision object.

Not doing so will result in various errors, which will show up when you rearrange the objects on the page. OG is much easier to use than that. Do not start with orthogonal lines, you will forever be moving the midpoints around. Start with straight lines, get the Flowchart (the real work) complete, which means move the objects around, and move the lines only with the midpoint handles. Once the diagram as a whole is stable, now make it pretty, and enhance the lines, add midpoints (line them up), change them to orthogonal, etc.

The F line coming out of the Decision object is also incorrect (Flowcharting error, not an OG issue): it should be connected to the Bracket object; not to a line that is connected to the Bracket object.

Would be interested to know what objects are to the right of the position, where the portion of the line is invisible.

Quote:
I have over 40 drawings that all have the same problem. Editing them is a nightmare!
I does not have to be, even with this bug.

I would suggest that all the lines of the same type in the Flowchart should be the same, and have the exact same characteristics (Stroke; Colour; connect to lines/objects; orthogonal/straight; single arrowhead; 60%; etc). Set the first line up; then simply copy-and-paste; then connect each end to the intended target objects.

You can also choose all the lines from the Canvas:Selection tool, and make changes to all of them, in a single action.

Cheers
Derek

Last edited by DerekAsirvadem; 2012-03-18 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: Added clarity.