View Single Post
Sorry for the confusion, Jason! You can use the method DSpearman mentions to initiate a sync reset. Once you do that, the other devices will notice that the databases don't match up any more and ask you which to use.

Since you pushed the data from your Mac up to the server, you'll want to tell each of the other devices to use its version of your data. From there out, you'll be back in sync.

Clarification: changes are tracked at a very low level - it's only when multiple devices have tried to edit the same item in the database that the higher-level conflict resolution kicks in.

If you're worried about conflicting edits causing what you're seeing, I'd suggest a workflow where you use OmniFocus on your devices in a round-robin manner for a bit, syncing both devices when you switch from one to another.

If you sync device A as you switch away from it, and then sync device B, you'll ensure that everything you did on the last device is sent to the new one before you start editing more stuff. This reduces the chance for a sync conflict to a bare minimum.

(One thing I do is grab my phone and initiate a sync as I walk from my office to whatever meeting I'm going to next. This ensures that the sync's done before I arrive and my device has up-to date info when I need it.)

Hope that helps!