View Single Post
Hi OO3-Users!

I'm also waiting for a comfortable solution regarding the syncing of my .oo3-files between iPad and iMac. Since DropBox and iCloud currently aren't working and probably won't be working in future either, I decided to try the Omni Sync Server.
Unfortunately, I have some problems with this way and I'm interested in if there is a way to solve them:
When I connect to the OSS via Finder on my iMac and it finally shows the files on the server, I am able to open one of the files by double-clicking it and then edit in in OO3. The problem: Often the changes are automatically saved to the server while I am about to edit the file - during this process I have to pause the editing and wait until the saving is finished. This happens too often, so I started to copy the file from the server to the desktop, edit it there and then copy it back when I'm finished. Additional workstep, but apparently necessary. The problem: Often after a while the connection to the OSS has broken: I can't simply move the edited file from the desktop to the OSS-folder (results in error message), but have to dis- and reconnect to the server first. A similar problem occurs, if i want to download another file from the OSS after having connected to it a while ago. Here also the connection seems to have broken: If I click on a file in the OSS-folder, it just disappears. Or if I click on it and try to drag it to the desktop, the transfer begins, but again results in an error message and fails. Here too I have to dis- and reconnect with OSS, then it works again.
Why is the connection to the OSS that instable? My connection to other servers like DropBox always works, I never have to renew it.
These problems make the OSS-solution completely annoying and inefficient...
Am I the only one with this instability-problem?