View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
The bottom line is that users are reporting losing track of actions to which projects but not contexts have been assigned. This is an expression of an architectural flaw in the current draft.
You can see them in project view if a project is assigned. There is a search function if you forget exactly where you put something. How is that a problem?

Quote:
The Planning and the Doing views are just orthogonal perspectives on the same data. Neither should have blind patches. Singletons should not be missing from the basic Planning view, and tasks awaiting contexts should not be missing from the basic Doing view.
I'd argue that they aren't looking at entirely the same data due to the processed/unprocessed nature of actions with/without contexts. However, I can see we're never going to agree about this, so probably best to leave it here.

Quote:
Any personal preferences, such as those you report, about what should be showing at a particular time, can be handled with custom Perspectives. That is not a reason for building compulsory blind patches into the base views.
Can you explain why what you're suggesting is any less a personal preference than what I'm suggesting? As far as I can tell we just disagree about the "right" way to do this, which doesn't automatically make one of us right and the other wrong. :)