View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
endoftheq - just want to make sure you've emailed your info to the support ninjas.

I don't know enough about how the code works to provide any hard info, but I have seen a few results along those lines in my use of the nearby function - a destination that's farther away being returned, for example.

I have no idea if it's Google sending us weird results, us doing something weird with the results Google sends, or something else entirely. I've never been able to get it to happen consistently, but I have seen it on occasion. You're not crazy, though, and we'd love more info on this.

I spend a couple of weeks every year in the UK - mostly down in Brighton. So if I have to stand in a certain location to reproduce the problem you're seeing, it's not completely outside the realm of possibility. :-)
Brian, I haven't forwarded this to the Ninjas yet. I've been holding out, hoping that other, more experienced users might have some idea of what was going wrong. However, thanks to your timely reminder, I'll package the text and pics and email them later today. Oh, and I'd be delighted to stand you lunch at FishyFishy (or whatever restaurant will be achingly fashionable!) the next time you're on the South Coast. You have my solemn promise that I won't discuss anything Omni!!