View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treo View Post
Not true. They have acknowledged it is a problem. You have fallen into the trap that because it is so expensive, it must be a deliberate design idea. It's just sloppy.
Okay, I checked in with some folks here, and it turns out there was some miscommunication on our end. I'm really sorry about this.

This behavior actually is intended as a feature - the thinking behind it is that we should display your tasks similarly to how they would appear in a drawer full of filing folders. The tabs are indented to varying degrees to show the structure, but the content inside those containers utilizes the full width of the larger space they all exist in.

Before anyone draws the wrong conclusion, I took a look at the support response we sent you, Treo, and we did pretty much say "this is a bug and we're going to fix it" in our response. The support ninja meant well, but I think that wasn't the best choice of words, and I think we owe you an apology. (I've discussed this with the ninja in question.)

We do have the request to change the indenting on file, and if other folks feel the same way, we will consider changing it. At the moment, though, we think that there's more to be gained by leaving things as they are. (Folks with long action titles would suffer if we indented the content in each row.)

I suspect there might be some additional discussion of this specific UI point, but we're getting a little bit far afield of the stated topic of the original thread. I'm going to leave your first post in this thread, then break the subsequent discussion into a new one. Wanted to respond in that thead first, though, so notifications would go out about the original thread being updated.

Again, I'm really sorry for the confusion we caused here.

Last edited by Brian; 2011-01-10 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: this thread -> the original thread