View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whardy7 View Post
Are you aware of a reason that it doesn't work right in Planning Mode?
Well, I'm not sure I'd say it "doesn't work right." In other words, I don't think it is actually broken.

The idea in the current design is that the order of individual actions has special meaning in planning mode (i.e. priority, execution sequence, etc.), so OmniFocus doesn't muck with them, and all dynamic sorting is done on the project level. Personally, I think this is a good thing and wouldn't want it to be changed.

In context mode, on the other hand, the primary focus is on individual actions. Projects are secondary. So all dynamic sorting operates on the action level.

Notice that I use the term "dynamic sorting", meaning temporary sorting done from the view bar that's used to look at your data in a variety of ways.

You can also do more "static" sorting in planning mode, which does work on individual actions. Select the actions you want to sort and go to Edit->Sort in the menu bar and choose an option.

Now, here's the clincher: unfortunately, Due Date is not one of the options in the Edit->Sort menu. So this won't currently get you what you're looking for. But, it's probably how Omni Group should address the issue, and it's also a good starting point for your feature request. By the way, I think other people have already requested more options for the Edit->Sort menu. I've personally requested the addition of a Next Review option to be added.