View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I don't see Brian's message as one of what Omni is, or is not, able to do, rather it is a statement of direction for OmniFocus. Personally, I applaud the decision to keep OmniFocus as a GTD-inspired task manager used in conjunction with, rather than a replacement for, a calendar. Things and THL have a similar philosophy, at least for now, so only time will tell if that changes, but I'm sure that they, like Omni, could integrate a calendar if they chose to do so.

Life Balance (and I have not looked at it for several years, so I could be mistaken) has its roots more in the Covey/Smith model of time management as opposed to task management. It's understandable, given that model, that Life Balance would include a calendar. But I do have a question; if Life Balance does what you want quite well, I'm curious why you left it in the first place?
LifeBalance works quite well for GTD systems ( you have to change a couple of settings). So not sure about your point there.

LB's interface is quite old (very mouse driven a la OS 7) and the sync'ing is more machine specific as opposed to MobileMe focused, a couple of other minor issues - I hoped that OF would be the best of both worlds.

LB's built in calender is not really that effective but it's iCal syncing (both appointments, all day and multi-day events) works perfectly, so not sure why the Omni group has such trouble with this issue - the problem has already been fixed - perhaps just a fundamental mis-understanding of the GTD system - it's a book that really needs 3 careful readings to get it all (a yellow highlighter is really helpful).

I've tried all the Task management / GTD programs out there - so far no one has really knocked it out of the park yet.