View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danield1 View Post
Folks:

does anyone know of a way to automatically obtain a thumbnail or summary page for a set of OmniGraffle files? I am now up to > 100 images, and even with a reasonably consistent hierarchical organization I can't readily find images I made previously. It is awkward (at least) to maintain a summary by hand -- every time you add an image you have to reconcile it. QuickLook isn't bad, but it sill requires that I sift through all my files. Thanks.
I don't know about automatically, but how about printing them to PDF, pulling them all into something like Skim or PDFPen, and adding the file-path to make a catalogue that you can then print at X number of pages per sheet?

First time through with those 100+ images would take a while, but then if yo printed to PDF and included that in your catalogue every time you created a new file, it wouldn't take long to keep up to date.

Alternate method, use something like Yojimbo or Together ... from the PDF dropdown in the Print dialog you can print directly into either of those. You can then tag and comment the graphics so you can use their filtering and search routines to find the one you want quickly. You could probably print a set of thumbnails from those too, but I've never tried.

Mark