View Single Post
Curt-

Great script! I have been using it from my toolbar, and have a keyboard shortcut I created in Keyboard Maestro. It is quite useful for emails and phone calls, where it acts as a reminder that can be completed if the person responds, or I can follow up if I don't hear back.

I made the modifications that Rebunker suggested, and customized it to my liking.

But I do have a request, which I have been unable to solve with several hours of tinkering with AppleScript (I am a newbie to AppleScript):

Is there a way of creating a dialog box that would allow one to set new dates for follow-up? In other words, how could I invoke the script, have it ask me for the days/weeks/months to delay, and then create the new task in the Waiting For context, with new dates (so that it doesn't show up until I want it to)?

Could I create a new property:

property defaultFollowUp : 3 ?

Then, could I create a dialog box such as this:

display dialog "Follow up in how many days?" default answer defaultFollowUp buttons {"Cancel", "OK"} default button 2 ?

And then how would I get the script to modify the start date and due date within OF?

I tried for quite some time reviewing this script, and the excellent 'Defer' script by Dan Byler, which has a dialog box that allows such modifications, but was not able to get the script to complete.

Again, I am quite the noob with AppleScript, so i appreciate any input folks might have.

Cheers!