View Single Post
I fiddled quite a bit more with both scripts, and believe I am almost there. The enclosed AppleScript borrows from Curt ('Complete and Await Reply'), Dan Byler ('Defer' script), and Rebunker (modifications in this thread, just above).

The only problems I have are:

1. It is probably much longer than it needs to be;
2. For multiple items, it asks for the days of follow up, and whether you want to alter the start date, due date or both, sequentially for each of the items you selected.
3. If I hit 'Cancel', the script completes anyway, and I get the message, "AppleScript reported the following error: OmniFocus got an error: User canceled."

For number 1, if an AppleScript maven can tidy it up, bravo!

For number 2, if an AppleScript maven can pull out the name of each item, and include this in the dialog, double bravo!

For number 3, can anyone point me in the right direction? Hopefully this is an easy one for someone who knows more than I about AppleScript. I would like to get rid of this message.

In short, I have this set up so that when I leave a task in someone else's hands, I can automatically place the task in the 'Waiting For' context, place the previous context in the title, defer the task for a fixed number of days, and then have it pop back into my consciousness at that time.

Let me know if you all have any questions or ideas!

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pending Follow Up.zip (92.8 KB, 582 views)

Last edited by sawxray; 2010-03-28 at 06:55 PM..