Thread: So S-L-O-W
View Single Post
On my system (first-gen MacBook pro, 2 GiB of RAM, 10.4.11), OmniWeb is by far the fastest browser. Firefox comes close, especially with AJAX stuff, but isn’t as responsive as OW for me. Yes, perhaps I should rephrase the first sentence: OW is the most responsive browser I have on my system, not necessarily the fastest (I don’t do benchmarks).

Still, for the past couple of weeks I’ve been using Firefox 3 exclusively. It lags somewhat with the theme I use, but well, I have to work with a CMS WebKit just doesn’t like. So rather than having two browsers open and have to deal with two sets of bookmarks, I switched to Firefox.

The one feature I miss the most are Workspaces, but I worked around that by having three FF windows open (and the sessions saved) to emulate my OW workspaces. Works well so far, and it’s nice to use Exposé to switch “Workspaces”.

I might switch back to OW once WebKit is more mature. Or, rather, once WebKit can deal with the CMS I need to work with. I do like OW better than Firefox (responsiveness again), but …*well. Work comes first.

Cheers,
-Sascha