View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
Thanks very much for your reply- and all my respect for doing the vet thing (I like the "We Treat More Species" T-shirts).
Believe it or not I've never seen those - will have a search online for them now though!

Quote:
I like the idea of having Tickler items for deadlines, plus hard schedules on calendar. How do you schedule your studying, though? Do you enter reading/studying in your GTD system/in OF, or do you just do it in any "spare" time you find?
Now I'm working I tend to enter it in OF as it gets done in discretionary time (unless it's a scheduled CPD event, in which case it gets calendared). That said, if I was studying for a specific exam I'd likely hard landscape at least some time so that I'd definitely get it done (too easy for me to put it off if I leave it all discretionary!). I think your suggstion sounds reasonable - you can always modify your approach after a couple of weeks or so if you find it isn't working.

Quote:
As far as the clinical cases go, I've always done exactly the same thing you're doing (index cards). I could see how going electronic could potentially help with infection control (assuming you clean your hands before entering stuff on the iPhone); but paper is just incredibly fast and versatile.
True. We have pretty strict hand hygiene guidelines, so even the cards aren't too much of a problem as long as I don't leave them lying around.

p.s. I really wish I'd read GTD (and that OF had been around) when I was doing my PhD. God I'd have got a lot more done. :)