Thread: Mind Mapping?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntis
My friend bought MindJet MindManager, and I really like it better than Novamind - for me Novamind looks "childish", MindManager looks more "Pro".
While looks are important, it’s not the most important feature for me.
Inbox, Cha-Ching, Disco, and many other applications look great. I would not use any of these unless I was in the mood for some beta-testing.

Novamind’s integration with Merlin is anything but childish, by the way.
I do know that MindManager has integration with FastTrack Schedule, although I did not try this feature when I tried the demo.

Some of the examples in NovaMind’s site are a bit cartoonish, but that does not mean that you can’t create professional looking documents with it.

Based on visuals alone, I could also work with Curio or OmniGraffle which are great programs as well. For me it was important to have some of the ‘behind-the-scenes’ features of NovaMind, such as the aforementioned integration with Merlin.

I would recommend that people try them both, as well as Compendium and other similar applications :)

Also, in addition to the cartoonish images NovaMind’s library includes many serious looking images. For some reason the examples they chose to display in their website are the more cartoonish ones.