View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pburton
I mustbe missing something ... I am evaluating OminPlan, but can't figure out how to manage multiple projects and I am beginning to think that maybe it isn't possible.

How would a user manage multiple projects? Does OmniPlan have a "dashboard" or even a drop menu that lists current projects?

Or, does a user have to manually open each and every project file to update a specific project? It also looks as though the only means of viewing a calendar of ALL active projects (ToDos & such) is if each project is manually imported into iCal? If this is the case, this is about a counterintuitive as it gets!

Seems to be a great app for an individual / company with a single active project.

Hopefully, I am missing something.

Thanks
-paul
Multi-project dashboard support is being planned for a future version of OmniPlan. As of right now, you'll have to manually open each and every project file to update a specific project.

We're also looking at doing more integration with iCal in the future as well. I'll add another vote to both of these requests in our database for you.

We did create an Applescript that allows you to join two project files together, so you could use this script to import each project file into a master project file and view everything in the master project. Here's the link to the Applescript if you want to try it out:

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniplan/extras/