Thread: The Hit List
View Single Post
* Another vote for multiple (nested) contexts (or tags, at which I regard in the same way).
An example: I want to call a software developer who makes custom databases to make an appointment. I need a database for my store, made with Filemaker to replace the SQL database I use now. I don't want do this yet as I have more urgent things on my mind, and this project takes quite a bit of preparation from my part. Thus I make an action in a "Move database to Mac" project of it, that would have to be assigned to the contexts work, phone, mac and on-hold.
This doesn't add another level of complexity to the program at all, since no on has to assign multiple contexts to their actions. It just adds flexibilty to work the way you want to OF.

* While we're at it, a replacement for the Perspectives in a sidebar with some kind of smartgroups would be a very nice improvement too. There is a thread about that on the forum already. Basically it’s a remake of the UI to something more "Things" like, easier to use for starters.

* A third wish for me is improved iCal syncing. Some people requested a calendar view, this could be done with iCal syncing. If you use OF as your GTD system, you naturally put your appointments int their appropriate projects. It would be nice to have them synced as events i iCal next to the tasks we can already sync now.