View Single Post
As I said earlier, this came up for me when I had to keep tabs on people who owed me some money for t shirts. I created a group called 'Collect money for t shirts' and then put all their names under it. I ended up with a bunch of names in my day to day lists with no references to what they were about, and also as I checked each person off these 'actions' were considered done which is all well and good, but they then got 'cleaned up' and one of the main things about lists of things is sometimes you need to keep the list for future reference, and of course as I ticked off each person I was actually destroying the list and losing the initial reference to what each name was connected with.

And then I thought, hey it would be cool if there was a small distinction in OF between actions and lists. The easiest one being you could lock a group so its actions WOULDNT be tidied up, which is the simplest solution. I simply wanted the list to stay put till until I had no use for it. So in a way I wanted more control and wanted to choose when to tidy away my list.

So all I really want is a tidyup override. I love things getting tidied up. But I would like to be able to lock certain groups or projects as 'un-tidyupable' till I say so.