View Single Post
I think the reasoning probably was that quick entry is a feature likely to be used often, and that there should be a quick way to get there regardless of whether you are in landscape or portrait orientation. It always shows up as the last entry in the list, so you don't have to skip over it to get to the other stuff. It might seem as if removing the Quick Entry choice there would get you one-tap entry, but then again, it might not: if you tap-and-hold on a disclosure triangle for a project, you get a popup that only has one option, and you still have to tap on it to get the action.

Assuming they want to keep something resembling the current behavior for discoverability reasons, what if they implemented something like what the iPad keyboard does for things like ' and — where you could tap and swipe to the desired choice? If they can do it as quickly as the keyboard support does it, that would seem pretty easy to use, though I'm also content to just do a quick double-tap with the second tap a little lower than the first when using the +, no need to wait for the menu to appear.

I probably use the Quick Entry option under the + more often than I do the big Quick Entry button available in landscape mode, even though I spend most of my time in landscape mode. No need to think about which corner to go to...I'm preparing myself for the new iMac-sized 27" iPad due out any day now :-)