View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by klamshops View Post
1. If ACTIONS are synched as TODOs and not EVENTs in iCal and it doesn't carry the time and date information of an ACTION item. It doesn't make sense!? So, I shouldn't bother with entering the time date information in OF but wait until I am in iCal?
I have OmniFocus (with the Growl notification framework installed) as a repository for the things I specifically need to take action on. I enter start and due dates in OmniFocus so it can notify me as needed.

This way, my calendar is free for other events that aren't strictly actionable. Both applications can pop up a notification, and there's a clear separation between OmniFocus telling me I need to take action on something vs. iCal telling me 'hey - today is your Mom's birthday'.

I have far too many actions in Focus (many repeating daily) to want them spamming my iCal calendar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamshops View Post
2. When I drag a TODO item to a date and time in iCal brought in from OF - making it now an EVENT. After I synched OF to iCal again, I don't see the time and date information updated in OF. ??
See the previous answer in the thread: iCal displays two kinds of information which are stored in two different databases. We don't touch your event database at all.