View Single Post
My concern isn't with the planning process, or "I can do this" lists, though I do see your point there. My work presents itself naturally, even when I seem to have an unnatural amount!. (I definitely appreciate the Forecast View in OmniFocus iPad and long for it on my MacBook Pro.) The problem lies in actually finding information while doing things, for example:

A call comes in from a person who is associated with multiple projects. They want to touch base on multiple fronts, as do I. I would like to find, instantly, via a search in OmniFocus, all items I have captured pertaining to this contact, across all projects and all contexts. I'd also like to add here that I've read Kourosh Dini's book, Creating Flow with OmniFocus, and I've tried to overcome this by using an Agenda context, but that precludes using contexts in every other useful way. It also assumes there's only one useful contact for a task.

I think simply having a contact field, to which we could add more than one contact, and preferably referencing Apple's Address Book, would solve the majority of these real-time usage issues. Perhaps this is being considered?

This is why I was bummed to learn that tags are not in the pipeline. I had planned to solve the problem myself by simply creating tags that answered the "who" question.