View Single Post
Been working on this all day. I modded the applescript heavily, it was easier for me than debugging, and got the script to work... sorta... there are some interesting applescript 'bugs' I found.

It appears that there isn't applescript support for tasks outside of the inbox at this point? Omni will need to confirm this.

When I look at the applescript dictionary for tasks I see the following error:
NSInternalScriptError(8)
So I cannot browse through the tasks in the OmniFocus Application Object.

When I look at the project object, the only task that is visible is the next task.

I tried to create a task in the Inbox and then move it using this command:
"move myNewTask to ThisProject"

and got this error

"OmniFocus got an error: Replacement not supported currently, please log a feature request if you need this."

I can however, create a new task in the inbox, assigned to a project. The task shows up in the inbox & in the project. In my mind, this is a bug. If a task is assigned to a project, it shouldn't appear in the Inbox.

If you want to create a task with a project in the inbox, you then have to move the task by dragging it from the inbox to the project. The task already shows up in the project, but you move it to the project to get it out of the inbox.

And here is where it gets really strange...
If you create an item in the inbox, with a project, and a context, the item will show up in the inbox, the project but not in the context. Once you move it out of the inbox, then it will show up in the context.

I've included the Applescript with the post. If you want to try it out, I would open up the Quicksilver Applescript called Send To OmniFocus found in your
user->library->application support->Quicksilver->Actions

Save it to your desktop for safe keeping, then copy paste my modified applescript into the Send To OmniFocus and try it out.

I'm sure OmniFocus will come out with a better script, mine should work for you in the meantime.

Here is the formate for creating a new task:
task name>project name@context name
newline for a note (hit option enter in Quicksilver)

If the project exists, the task will go into the project.
If the context exists, the task will have that context.
Otherwise a new project/context will be created.

one bug, the script doesn't filter out if you type in my new task>my new project>my new context.
It will create a project called
my new project>my new context.
Attached Files
File Type: zip My Send to OmniFocus.zip (9.1 KB, 709 views)