View Single Post
So this might be kinda hard to explain. I work at a hospital as the tissue and supply coordinator and I manage a very large sterile core (inventory) by myself. I have several tasks that require a sequential set of actions for each item. For example, I have setup a project in the work folder of "Add to Inventory". Do do this there is a sequence of about 9 steps I need to follow in order for each new request.

Heres the problem and where I'm stuck with how to implement omnifocus. How should I set it up so when I want to add a new that it will fall under each action. For example, when I add something to inventory, it needs to:

Get Director Approval in Email
>Request a PMM item # and build
->Add to PMM inventory management: OR Sterile Core
-->Request SIM
--->Update HSM usage location
---->Add to Par Asset Form
------>Set Min/Max
------->Cycle Count reason code: beginning inventory adjustment
-------->Update HSM pick tickets/resource maps if required

Now some days I'll get 5-10 requests, and others maybe 1. I need to be able to track where each one is in the process, so having a sequential check list is required for EACH instance/new item. What is the best way without having to copy and paste the item into each one of these categories, as it just isn't fast enough for my workflow/job. The way I do it right now, is the project is "Add to Inventory", then I have each of these as a parent, and copy and paste each item as a child into the 9 steps. This seems like im doing it the wrong way, im sure there is a much better solution. So advice?