View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
Basically, use enough granularity that you can efficiently break down your projects into actions that are both (a) small enough not to be daunting and (b) divided up into the places or resources needed to do them (i.e., contexts).
What's really helpful to me is to 'chunk' projects up into one-short-sitting actions. When I look at the actions that I've been avoiding, I can usually take them apart a bit more and realize that there's SOMETHING I'm willing to do that would qualify as a separate action. And for me, there's something to be said about being able to check something off a list, physically or digitally. So the time spent making things into more actions than I might have otherwise is rewarded by both the increased productivity that it enables and the enjoyment/sense of well being that comes from checking things off.

I am in no way an artist. But I'm curious with the actions that you broke that one face down into...would you do ALL of that on face#1. Then start on #2? Or would you do action 01 on face#1, action 01 on face#2, action 01 on face#3 etc.? Does it depend where you are, meaning what context you're in...what resources you have available at the time? Does it depend on your mood?

Just throwing out what came into my mind when reading.