View Single Post
Hello,

Im a average user, who bought an iphone specifically thinking about GTD apps. I initially used RTM, and then switched to omniFocus, Omnifocus is a really nice application, i just missed two things, one was repeating tasks, another one was some sort of reminders for the tasks. in the meanwhile the repeating tasks feature was implemented (and works great), the alerts at that time was not supported by the iphone.
In the meanwhile the iphone os 3.0 came out, with support for push notifications, all other GTD apps started to implemented it, i thought it would be just a matter of time to finally see it in omnifocus, after a while checking almost everyday if there was a update that implemented the feature, i decide to google it and to my suprise i found that omnigroup is refusing to implement this feature, instead putting a more or less complicated alternative solution involving mobile me/webdav and the iphone calendar, that ,sincerely, doesnt work for me (and many other people from what ive read in this forum).

i dont have mobile me, i dont want to have it. even if i had it, i dont want my calendar to have things like "take out the carbage" or "give food to the fish" (but i do want to be reminded about it!).

I always have good network access (yeah im not in the U.S and i dont use AT&T, quite bad company or so i heard), so network connectivity is never an issue.

Push Notifications is what works best for me and other users. Im asking you omnigroup, please , please implement push notifications and let the users decide how to best use the application they paid for, dont try to decide it for them.