View Single Post
I have owned a 'computer' or 'personal' license for OW since 2002.

Omnigroup says:"... one person with both a laptop and a desktop computer (or, say, a home machine and an office machine) can legally install and use a single license on both computers, though not at the same time."

Ok. But when I install the license on a copy on my laptop it KILLS the license on my desktop as soon as the two computers find each other on the wireless network.

This is REALLY maddening. What do I have to do? Firewall the two computers? I need to sync from one to another when I go out on the road and when I return. As soon as I do that, the 'second' machine loses its OW license. Even if I remember and shut one copy down, the license on the other machine is toast... for an indefinite period as far as I can tell.

I know that OW has had only one opportunity to make me pay for an upgrade in five years (OW4 to OW5) but this is, nevertheless, licensing larceny. It's an unreasonable restriction on fair use that does not infringe any Omnigroup rights.

How can Omnigroup fix this without running the risk that someone will use a personal license over a multi-host network? By allowing a personal license to persist for (say) a couple of hours before de-licensing one or other machine.