View Single Post
Let's say the customer is OMNI.

If Brad is assigned as the context for the next action for the OMNI project, and he calls, it's easy to filter by Brad's context.

The problem lies when Brad is assigned to the context, but I'm talking to Jim. Jim's the engineer for Brad's deal with OMNI, and 3 others with Brad, also 6 projects with Susan.

Even though I was initially waiting on Brad for the OMNI project, if I filter by Jim and see he's on the OMNI project too, I can ask him while I've got him on the phone: "Hey, I was waiting on a quote back from Brad for OMNI, do you have any update?" Knowing that normally within 3 days Brad would get back to me, but Jim might have helped put the quote together for Brad, but since Brad's been on the road selling, he hasn't pinged me yet.

I'd like to be able to quickly filter the 10 deals that Jim's involved with (while I'm on the phone with him), even though only half I'm officially waiting on him for (set in context) and the others might be waiting on Brad or even the customer.

That's where my use of the search field comes in..and for every deal Brad's working on, I type in the engineer, PM, and service delivery name for later searching, regardless of who I assign the context to formally. Point being sometimes who I'm waiting on/can get info from changes before I can be aware/change the official context.

Am I explaining it better?

Thanks for the response guys; much appreciated.