View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbrook View Post
Seems the iPad and iPhone have distracted from the mission. This worries me both because it seems it will be harder to release a well integrated anything if there are all these versions that have to integrate as well, and also because it seems like promise ware is being "released" to keep the fans from fleeing to the competition, making it harder for them to compete.

OP 1.7 just released to much fanfare?
I was wondering about this too. Well, 2010's not quite finished yet and MacWorld is right around the corner in January. I'm sure they're working on it and learning much from the iPhone and iPad versions which bodes well for future versions of the desktop apps since OS X seems to be evolving closer towards iOS, so I don't see it as much as a distraction as an effort to cover all the bases in a qualitative way and keeping up with Apple's advancement of the platform into mobile and the cloud...if they didn't have iPhone and iPad versions of OF people would be screaming about that...

But I too am looking forward to closer integration between these two time/productivity apps on mobile and the desktop...A lot of stuff to sync but I'm sure Omni Group can handle it.

I appreciate that, like Apple, Omni Group is concerned about bringing quality apps to market in contrast to rushing stuff to market and fixing it later; I'd rather wait for an app I can trust with my data than getting a mediocre Microsoft-caliber app soon.