View Single Post
For anyone that's using the Twitterific/Applescript solution for capturing tweets into OF - I realized that I never posted the solution to my problem, quoted here.

What was happening for me is that the tweets must be marked as read, otherwise the script will be called for them every time Twitterific starts.

To mark them read, make sure the "Automatically show window when new tweets arrive" checkbox is "on". You'll probably also want to choose "After showing tweets, hide: *after 10 seconds*" option, I guess this is as close as we can get to getting Twitterific to process our tweets in the background, with no dupes. Turns out I never notice the window showing, because I'm always out and about when I create the tweets. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudster View Post
I'm noticing something here - I rarely restart my Mac so I didn't notice till now -

Every time I start Twitterific, it downloads about 40 or 50 recent tweets and they are processed again into new actions in my OF inbox.

Anyone else seen this? A quick browse through the preferences panels doesn't reveal a setting that might help with this. It seems like it's downloading old tweets again - and it's calling the hook script for every one.