View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude View Post
With Apple poised to kill off iDisk it will be an interesting Fall when we see what and how iCloud actually works.
I will be amused and appalled (again at Apple) if iCloud is not FULLY cross platform. In addition I don't want it to require bloatware or complex install procedures.

Apple used to be the computer for the rest of us. I'm glad that they cater to the pros now but when companies like Dropbox provide such a simple and clean solution while Apple requires iTunes and cumbersome file management mechanics I feel that Apple has made the decision to turn their eye from simplicity.

Apple used to make simple yet powerful software. Now with the iOS it seems they need to sacrifice power for simplicity. It's painful to see as a former Apple fan and one who loves the idea of tablet computing just how poorly Apple is handling iOS. I watch my colleage use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse with his Android tablet with full keyboard control if he chooses and think how stupid the iPad looks with no mouse support.

I try to get a refund on an App (that the developer sold to another company and did not offer any existing customers compensation) and am told that the new license agreement that I agreed to specifies that refunds are NOT ALLOWED for any iTunes store purchase under any conditions (including apps, music, movies, etc...). That is not only not nice Apple, but that is hostile to consumers. On an Android device you just say you don't want the app any more from the main menu and it automatically refunds you and removes the app.

And yeah, I know all of the justifications and the down sides of Android tablets. I want Apple to be the best though. Sadly they are not. I have absolutely no faith in iCloud. I hope this is proven unfounded.