View Single Post
Having looked over a couple of similar posts I feel that the general problem is the unprecise definition of events vs. timed tasks... there is a grey area that currently is living in this space between calendar and OF: an action belonging to a project in OF which is precisely scheduled in time an length.

Clearly, one would want to see such a task not only in context with other tasks but in context with other events, forming the need of a calendar integration. To me, the integration of Calendar events in the Forecast view is flawed for limiting the calendar events to the bottom area when they are truly integrated with the OF tasks.

The interim solution is subscribing to the published task calendar, a thing really working nicely for me as some sort of transition to sth else- what I am still dreaming of (and I am not alone) is a calendar displaying all my tasks and events at once in one timely arranged calendar perspective showing me tasks and events in an equal fashion SPLIT BY DIFFERENT COLORS FOR CERTAIN AREAS. If Omni is finding a way to display the events in the forecast window maybe in two coumns side by side (daily events vs daily scheduled actions this would be fine, even better would be a one-column integrated perspective of actions and events- because generally you're spending time on both, so why look at them separately?