View Single Post
I don't think it possible. The only workflow that works for me is to do a weekly review and see what is coming up in the next few days.

OF1 for the Mac doesn't have a forecast view but OF2 preview does. It appears that the OF2 workflow would be to click on the forecast perspective and see that someone's birthday is coming up. Then you'd enter a new task to pick up a gift.

OF for iPad does have the forecast perspective so you should be able to see someone's birthday if it is coming up in the next 5 days.

If you only have OF1, you'll have to do a daily review. Launch iCal and see someone's birthday coming up in the next few days or the next month. Then enter a task to pick up a gift in OF1.

I'd probably set a repeating OmniFocus task set with a start date about one week before and due the day of the birthday. Set the repeat to yearly. Then you'll only have to do this once.

Maybe it's time to go through your birthday calendar and create a parallel project called "Gift Reminders" or "Special Dates." Then you can enter everyone's birthday as a repeating yearly task.

If you set this repeating task once for each important person in your life, then you'll never have to worry about it in the future.

I do the same thing for my anniversary. Saved my butt the last few years...