View Single Post
I have a paid for copy of Graphic Converter and it's great for what the name implies its supposed to do: convert graphics. And batch conversion. However, the programmer should really take some lessons in Cocoa coding after all, because albeit being an intel native app now it still smells terribly like Carbon. Yucch...

The GUI is a mess, it's counterintuitive. I've tried every once in a while doing some kind of image creation with it. In the end I found I rather wait the 30 Seconds it takes Photoshop CS2 to launch in Rosetta and be done with it still in less time. No, sorry, GC is not a contender when it comes to Photoshop replacement. It's such a sad situation for us designers.

That's why I think OmniWeb could pull this one. They have a very good name and high credibility in the Mac community. (Paying) core users of Photoshop are mostly on Macs. If not dethrone Adobe, Omni could still make quite some inroads into that market. I would change to OmniShop® if the functionality was there and if it was a Cocoa app that supports all the nice OS X features properly. I mean, for christ's sake even in CS2 I can still not insert any character I like via the character palette of OS X, Photoshop will still mess half of it up. Helooo? Unicode anyone???