View Single Post
Not having a fix for the debilitating JS garbage-collection bug described above, I invested some time in customizing Firefox, through its plentiful assortment of add-ons, to suit my needs as a temporary substitute for OW 5.5. I must say that I have been very, very pleasantly surprised by Firefox's comparatively blazing speed—image-intensive pages seem to display several times faster with FF than with OW; ability to replicate all of the OW options that I most value (thumbnail tabs, save workspace, etc.); and nifty little add-ons that provide functionality not offered by OW. I remain a big fan of all things Omni, and encourage its developers to try to replicate FF's speed and niftiest add-ons. One add-on, in particular, is worth considering: "Ctrl Tab Preview." This add-on allows one to hit Command-Option-Tab to display a cyclable list of choosable thumbnails of open tabs, much like Command-Tab allows one to display a cyclable list of choosable thumbnails of open applications. This procedure for choosing tabs is attractive because it doesn't take up screen real estate, and is highly intuitive and comfortable because of its similarity to Command-Tab.