View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The iPad behavior (which appears to be identical to that of the Mac's built-in Contexts perspective) has a very nice feature — it saves one from having to enter due dates for everything in a sequential project or action group where the actions are all in the same context.
I guess that's where the difference in workflows becomes somewhat apparent :)

I personally never use the "Remaining" view when I'm looking at my contexts in any of the three apps, and therefore don't care if it's sorted by project as the blocked tasks will simply never appear, due date or not If something's not available to be done, I don't want to see it in my context views. For me, that's what the project views are for.

As for the Mac version's built-in context perspective, I changed my sort order to due/flagged at the top a long time ago for the same reason, so I can't really remember what the original or "default" sort order is. Again, however, I almost never work in "Remaining" view even in the Mac app.

Were it not for the risk of adding more confusion for new users, I'd almost think the sensible compromise would be to sort by due/flagged when viewing by "Next Action" or "Available" and sort by natural project order when viewing "Remaining" or "All." Sadly, however, I think that would be much more confusing and complicated than just dropping a sort order option into the "View" menu. It does, however, seem to illustrate the two very different ways in which Context views appear to be getting used.