View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
So, out of curiosity, why do some feel it's important to separate different kinds of on hold items? Maybe I'm missing something.

And Brian, why have you decided to keep yours outside of OmniFocus in a separate OO file? Linking it in to OF as an attachment is a good idea and something I hadn't really considered.
I keep my someday/maybe list in an OO file because it started out there, before I started alpha testing OF. I never bothered to move it into OF. I think of the someday/maybe list as a list of things that I imagine I might want to do, but to which I haven't made any commitment--even the minimal commitment of thinking about what the next action would be for that project. Until I make that minimal commitment, I haven't been entering things in OF.

I keep other OO lists, including checklists for packing for trips and other specific, recurring occasions, and lists of routines that I would like to become habitual. And I have mind maps of some territories in my areas of responsibility. I like using whatever tool seems best, and if I use a tool besides OF for something of which I want a regular reminder, I can link to the file.