View Single Post
Hear, hear, macmath...

First off, I always get a chuckle listening to passive aggressive comments on forums threatening to leave a platform if 'new features' aren't implemented soon. "ooh, this package has this, and this package has that...might have to jump ship." Although OG would hate to lose a customer...they already have your money.

OmniFocus is hugely powerful implementation of GTD. If you don't follow the GTD principles to get the most out of the 'system' then maybe OF isn't for you. 2Do is a NICE program, but it's not meant to lead you through the span of GTD without some serious hacking on your part (meaning how you 'force' the program to work for you). It's a very well thought out TO DO LIST. Things is pretty, but it's limited and is developed on constantly sliding implementation dates (as well as Midnight Inbox, which, while VERY nice on the eyes, seems to involve too much work getting your stuff in there.)

The GTD system is a specific set of methodologies. It's not like they can add a new brush or burn tool (a la Photoshop). I honestly think OF captures those methodologies well as it is. I don't think there would be a huge featureset you could add here (besides the team functionality stated in the first post or a UI refresh/overhaul).

If you're complaining about features, what do you want to see? While I realize you may not be an app dev, you can't complain about software being long in the tooth only because there hasn't been a blockbuster feature added or they've been at 1.x since its inception.

I'm sure OF 2 will be well thought out and stable. And I'm along for the ride...