View Single Post
Further note - I am using 5.2.1 - and encountered this same error - on a Mac that is on a mixed network. 5.2.2 release notes mention it no longer default saves as a package - which is all well and good - but for me who lost a whole days of work -

NOTICE - if you are on a network that does any kind of cleaning up of files you may lose your data if you do not save as a flattened file.

I saved an OmniGraffle file Friday night, saved it twice - once to my local desktop, and once to a folder on my desktop - just to be sure. THen I closed the one I was working on, then opened the one on my deskop in the folder -it was all there.

Monday - I come in and open it the same way - and I get the dreaded "<filename> could not be opened. File is empty or unreadable". When I right click on the file I get the option "See Package contents" - which leads me to believe this thing on my desktop is just a resource pointing the package which for some reason is no longer there.

Nearest I can figure - my network, or my MAC setting, has something that cleans up Temp files or something that erased everything this was pointtint to. SO - just beware - and meanwhile I am going to see if I can get 5.2.2 ;)

btw - if anyone has clues as to where I can look for my missing package contents let me know.