View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What do you think it needs to do to support your vision of what Areas of Responsibility or Roles are? Tell me that, and I'll explain how to use OF to do just that.
Thanks for the help.

Roles
I have 8 calendars in iCal, all representing my different areas of responsibility with life and business.

I want to be able to create an errand for "business #1" or "business #2" and then in omnifocus (on mac and iphone), if I'm presently working for Business #1, I want to view all my related todo's for that role, and nothing else for the moment. Likewise for Business #2.

If I'm waiting on a call back, or for someone else associated with business #2 to do something, I want to be able to view all "Waiting For" for business #2 only.

I'll watch the long video to get a better understanding of the software.

Contexts:
Being a bit A.D.D., I have trouble with systems. This is why I like the ability in other apps to put multiple tags on something. This way, I don't have to think too much about the "right" tag. If I'm going to talk to my wife on the phone about her bookkeeping for my business #1, I want to tag the ToDo as Phone, Spouse, and Business #1. And possibly later, I may want to add the tag "Waiting For".

Thanks,
Brian