View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroglide View Post
what i'd most like in the area of hidden data is the ability to search right across the database, not just in the item which is selected... i'd prefer to have to select the option to restrict the search to the selected item - less double checking...
Me too. Like bashosfrog, I've created a perspective but it's still too many mouse actions for what I want. The typical scenario is that I'm working at my computer and get a phone call and I want to tap in the person's name to see if I have any waiting fors, agenda items, or tasks associated with their name.

Here's a crappy applescript I put together that throws me my custom search perspective and puts the cursor in the Outline Search box in the Toolbar.

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
    tell the default document to tell the front document window
    -- "Search" is my custom search perspective.
        set perspective name to "Search"
    end tell
end tell
tell application "System Events"
    tell process "OmniFocus"
        click menu item "Outline Search" of menu 1 of menu item "Find" of menu 1 of menu bar item "Edit" of menu bar 1
    end tell
end tell
I'm not an experienced applescripter. If anyone could improve this script to tell OF to invoke the custom "Search" perspective in a new window, rather than the existing window, it would be a better script.

I run the script as a TextExpander Snippet.

--Marc